Sunday, December 28, 2008

Easy to draw Scribble Dolphin








Dolphins are wonderful creatures. They give so much enjoyment when they frolic and play. Where I live there is a great big harbour just ten minutes drive away from my farm. It is part of the habit where the rarest dolphin in the world can be found. The Maui's Dolphin is so rare there now only just over one hundred left. There are many many different kinds of dolphins, some rare others not so rare. They are mammals just like us breathing air, warm blooded and they feed their babies (called calves) with milk. A group of dolphins is called a pod. This dolphin is based on an Atlantic Spotted Dolphin but I'll be just doing the general shape so you can get an idea of how easy a dolphin really is to draw. This one is a scribble dolphin. I've deliberately left all the lines (and the mistakes) on so you can see how simple shapes are used to make the drawing come together.

These are the basic shapes I used:

  • Ovals
  • Triangles
  • Curves
  • Lines
I used an HB pencil for this one but you can use any pencil you like. The first few images aren't very clear because I used the wrong camera setting!!!! Next time I'll make sure I use the right settings. You don't need fancy paper. Any paper will do even the kids jotter pad if you don't have any around. Sounds a bit rough but this is for fun and enjoyment. You can rub out your pencil lines once you have got the shape you want. Darken the lines and you have a dolphin. The drawing I've done isn't a masterpiece. It's for practice and as they say practice makes perfect - in my case...hmmmm LOL.
Here's the instructions for you to download. File Size 181 kb

Easytdrawscribbledolphin

No comments: